Everything Is Wrong for Toronto
Considering the Red Sox got done sweeping the Blue Jays on Thursday, this is a bit old. But it didn’t get posted at my boy Derek’s My Life and an addiction called the Boston Red Sox blog until Saturday, and I didn’t see it til now. So yes, it’s old, but it made me laugh. Out loud. And I don’t have a whole heck of a lotta requirements for something to make it onto the site. But I might as well take this opportunity to wax on the misfortunes of the 2007 Toronto Blue Jays. Let’s see…
- Closer BJ Ryan develops an injury in Spring Training that GM JP Ricciardi downplays to avoid media attention. Ryan blows a few saves. Ryan goes on the DL. Ryan is out for the year with Tommy John surgery.
- Troy Glaus starts the year on fire. Glaus hits the DL with a heel injury. Returns to set the world on fire. And hurts his leg on Friday.
- Reed Johnson goes on the 60-day DL two weeks into the season with a herniated disk.
- Gustavo Chacin goes on the DL at the end of April with a shoulder injury. If the Jays weren’t so strapped for pitching, this would be a good thing.
- Roy Halladay has an emergency appendectomy on Friday and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Ricciardi said that with all the injuries, the most important thing was not to lose Halladay. Battle lost.
Man, I can’t remember a team getting worse luck with injuries. Oh wait a sec, yeah I can.