Antonio Brown no longer on house arrest
Antonio Brown was placed on house arrest last week and ordered to wear a GPS monitoring device after he was charged for his alleged role in attacking a moving truck driver, but a judge has now freed the star receiver from those restrictions.
Brown is free to travel the United States as needed and must check in with court personnel daily rather than wearing an ankle monitor, according to a report from The Associated Press. Circuit Judge Michael Usan made the ruling on Tuesday to allow Brown to fulfill his contractual obligations with ESPN and comedian Kevin Hart.
Brown’s $110,000 bond remains in place and he still has to undergo a mental health evaluation and random drug testing. The 31-year-old has also been forced to surrender his passport and is prohibited from being able to possess firearms.
Brown has been charged with burglary with battery after he and his trainer, Glenn Holt, allegedly attacked a moving truck driver last Tuesday. Holt was arrested, and a warrant was issued for Brown’s arrest on Wednesday after he refused to cooperate with police.
A moving truck driver delivered furniture to Brown’s home in Hollywood, Fla., las week, and Brown allegedly refused to pay the $4,000 he owed. The driver then began driving away with the furniture, and Brown threw rocks at the truck and caused damage. The driver says he returned after being told to by the company, as Brown had spoken with the company and agreed to pay the $4,000 plus $860 he caused in damages to the truck. Brown allegedly only paid the $4,000 when the driver came back, leading to an argument and the driver being assaulted by Brown and Holt. Brown and his associates allegedly began taking the furniture off the truck, even taking some belonging to another client and then damaging it by throwing it back on the truck after being informed it did not belong to them.
You can listen to part of the 911 call the driver placed during the incident here.