
If the Denver Broncos are serious about trying to get Von Miller under contract longterm ahead of Friday’s deadline, it sounds like they’re on the right track.
NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says the Broncos are offering Miller over $70 million guaranteed.
#Broncos & Von Miller spent the last week making significant progress on the 6-year, $114M offer. I’m told the guarantees now eclipse $70M.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 14, 2016

That amount would be a record for guaranteed money to a defensive player.
A report last week said the two sides were negotiating again after going weeks without talking. They’re trying to reach a deal by Friday afternoon’s deadline for players who were franchise tagged to sign a long-term deal.
There was a report saying Miller could choose to sit out the season, though he later said he would not do such a thing. However, he did say he would not play under the franchise tag in 2016.