Yankees considering dropping Giancarlo Stanton in lineup
Giancarlo Stanton’s disastrous first few weeks as a New York Yankee has manager Aaron Boone reconsidering his spot in the batting order.
After Stanton went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts on Tuesday in a 9-1 loss to his former team, the Miami Marlins, Boone said he was thinking about dropping the All-Star slugger down in the lineup, per Bryan Hoch of MLB.com.
Aaron Boone said he might consider moving Giancarlo Stanton down in the lineup during the Blue Jays series, but “not too far.”
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) April 18, 2018
Stanton has been quite lousy to begin his Yankees tenure, especially at home, and now holds a ghastly slash line of .197/.293/.409. He also leads the league in strikeouts by a decent margin with a whopping 29 through just 16 games.
The 28-year-old has batted third in the lineup in every game so far for the Yankees. But moving Stanton down while he tries to get his mojo back makes sense, especially when you consider that even the home fans are booing him.