• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Larry Brown Sports

Larry Brown Sports

Brown Bag it, Baby

  • Home
  • Blog View
  • NFL
  • NCAAF
  • NBA
  • MLB
  • Media
  • Headlines
  • Podcast
Baseball, Headlines, Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer will not face charges over sexual assault allegations

February 8, 2022 by Steve DelVecchio • Comments
FacebookTweetLinkedInRedditThreadsWhatsAppEmail
Trevor Bauer on the field
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Trevor Bauer

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will not face criminal charges stemming from the sexual assault allegations that were made against him last summer.

Bauer did not pitch for the Dodgers after June 28. He was placed on paid administrative leave after he was accused of assaulting a woman during two separate sexual encounters last year. The woman testified in court that Bauer choked her unconscious and punched during sex without her consent. Bauer’s attorneys argued that the rough sexual encounters were “wholly consensual.” The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office reviewed the case, and TMZ reported on Tuesday that no charges will be filed.

The alleged victim was granted a temporary restraining order back in August. A judge later denied the woman’s request for a long-term restraining order. Bauer’s legal team provided text messages that they say helped prove the pitcher’s innocence. The judge who overturned the restraining order concluded that what the woman thought and what she communicated to Bauer were not the same.

Allegations from a second woman later surfaced, but Bauer has vehemently denied those as well. He shared a series of text messages recently that he says prove his innocence against those claims as well.

Bauer filed a notice in court in September seeking to have the accuser pay his legal fees.

Bauer started just 17 games for the Dodgers last season before being placed on paid administrative leave. He went 8-5 with a 2.59 ERA and 137 strikeouts in 107 2/3 innings. The right-hander is under contract for $32 million next season with a $32 million player option for 2023.

MLB issued a statement on Tuesday saying its investigation into the allegations against Bauer remains ongoing.

Photo: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

  • i want more great stories!

Sign up today for free and get the best sports content sent to your inbox.

You can unsubscribe anytime. For more details, review our Privacy Policy.

.

Follow Us

Get instantly notified of the most viral news stories via Google!

  • Trending stories

The NFL logo on a helmet

1 NFL team favored to lose every game

3 days ago
Caitlin Clark smiling

Caitlin Clark finds unlikely ally amid Morgan Wallen backlash

2 days ago
Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd on the bench

Paige Bueckers-Azzi Fudd moment during game draws attention

2 days ago
Jason Collins being shown on a Jumbotron before NBC's broadcast of Timberwolves-Spurs

Fans blast NBC for disrespectful move after moment of silence for Brandon Clarke, Jason Collins

6 days ago
Stefon Diggs at practice

Stefon Diggs has been linked to 2 teams

1 day ago

Sidebar


  • don’t miss these

Jamahl Mosley in a suit

Jamahl Mosley has landed a new head coach job

32 minutes ago
Aaron Judge in his Yankees uniform

Aaron Judge tells the truth about losing to the Mets

3 hours ago218
Cade Cunningham looking serious in a Pistons uniform

Everyone said the same thing about the Pistons after they got embarrassed in Game 7

13 hours ago841
Keith Hernandez in a suit

Keith Hernandez made the craziest mistake with Jazz Chisholm’s name

19 hours ago377
Colt Emerson holding a bat

One of baseball’s top prospects is being promoted to MLB

19 hours ago77
Aaron Rodgers in a Steelers hoodie

Aaron Rodgers waited until the last possible minute to return to Steelers

20 hours ago432
  • popular stories

Brandon Clarke warming up for a game

Possible cause of death for Brandon Clarke has been revealed

Trevor Lawrence holds the ball

Trevor Lawrence looks unrecognizable after cutting his hair for Jags’ schedule release video

Victor Wembanyama elbowing Naz Reid

Victor Wembanyama gets ejected from Game 4 for elbowing Naz Reid

Giannis Antetokounmpo drives to the basket.

1 frontrunner has reportedly surfaced for Giannis Antetokounmpo

Paige Bueckers in her Wings uniform

Paige Bueckers leaves a 2-word comment on Napheesa Collier’s swimsuit photos

Aroldis Chapman wearing a cap

Aroldis Chapman had a troubling mistake on his uniform during game

Get the App

© 2026 · LB Sports Media Group Inc · Powered by Springwire.ai

  • X
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • RSS Feed
  • About Larry Brown Sports
  • Contact
  • Editorial Process
  • Staff Writers
  • Privacy Policy
Dedicated to the memory of Nevil Vega
Team/Player Stats